Thursday, June 22, 2006

RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY!!!

45 Minutes to FIND my WAY out of Wooster
is not normal...

Stopped at Buehlers Downtown after work
to pick up a few groceries before heading
home. I knew the sky was very dark to the
west - but I didn't realize the storm would
arrive as quickly as it did and be as
destructive as it was.

I got a clue as the lights went out twice
while I was in the dairy section of the store
and wondered how I would find my way
to the front of the store in the DARK!!!
When the lights came back on - I think
they were their emergency lights - I
headed to the front of the store - just
to wait in line to get checked out where
some of the computers were still working
and a line was forming by the door because
no one wanted to get soaked.

I opted for a store umbrella to get to the
car which didn't keep me from getting wet...
and then driving the MAZE with everyone
else to find a street without downed trees
or electric lines hanging across the streets.

WHEW was I glad to get out of there...
and then I see that Dale had taken the
convertible to work and wondered what
kind of stories he would have.. Guess what!!
Dale had no trouble getting home.

Oh Well - my trip was more exciting - just
more time consuming... :^)

Here are pictures of our Plattner
grandchildren as they put their umbrellas
to good use last spring...


No comments: