Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Illinois Visit...August 2006

Mom and I visisted 'Blackhawk' at Lowden Park
over the weekend. While we were there - a
lady had some visitors in the park from
Chicago who had never seen the statue before.
In our family the statue is part of our heritage
as we had many reunions there with all the
'cousins' and we haunted the hiking trails
below the statue. It was always fun to run
down the trails all the way to Rock River.

Mom and I enjoyed this day together... A little work and a little play is good for the soul.
I spotted this hollow tree as we exited the park and had to take advantage of this photo opportunity. I was going to have Mom stand inside...but there were green spiders in there.... UGH.... I think Mom probably thought I was 'crazy' to ask her to stand in the tree... (Hey - I heard you say that - now be nice!!)



No comments: