Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tangier Island Photography Class..

Cori and I took a photography class on
Tangier Island, a 2 1/2 hour boat ride
into the middle of Chesapeake Bay.
The water was very rough for the trip
over - compared to the calm waters
at sunrise...

Approximately 600 people inhabit Tangier
Island and their cemeteries were much
different than ours in Ohio.

Tangier Island is a fishing village where
there were many crab shacks and fishing
boats in the harbor.

Another picture at sunrise. Can you believe
we all were up by 5:00 am to be at the shore
for the sunrise pictures??

Golf carts were the main transportation
on the Island. Our battery didn't keep a
very good charge and at the end of the
stay Cori and I had to bum a ride with
others attending the workshop.

Cori and I stayed in a small cottage that
was part of this Bed and Breakfast.

The sunset was gorgeous over the water...
I learned much about photography -
hopefully I can use what I have learned
and not forget anything...
Bill and Linda Lane were our professional
photographers (teachers).






1 comment:

Drew said...

I noticed that you got the blurry background for Nathan's helmet picture. I haven't mastered that effect yet. Now you just have to teach me all this stuff!