Monday, January 05, 2009

Handmade Christmas Gifts...

This year I attempted to actually hand make aprons for my girls...
The last time I sewed a Christmas gift was probably when Cori and
LauraLee were in grade school and I made blue flannel nightgowns
for them with candy canes at the hemline. Since I have an apron
with a quilted top I wanted to make one for LauraLee too. Since
I don't quilt I found placemats at the Amish Flea Market in Berlin
and planned my project. As you can see below LauraLee's apron
has 2/3 of the placemat and the girls shared the other third.

Here's LauraLee and her girls: Jolene and Jubilee modeling their
new aprons. (Maybe next year I'll need to make a 4th apron.
LauraLee??)

6 comments:

Drew said...

That was a really cool idea! Now you need to put those skills toward hemming some pants I have. (Do I hear you groaning right now?)

The Gathering Room said...

Love these! What a great idea...
Cindy (Karen's sister)

angie {the arthur clan} said...

What a great gift for them Shari. You did good! :)

Shari said...

I am groaning now...I still have 2 pair of dress slacks for myself to hem...do you hear my procrastination?? But if you don't need them right away...I could probably place them on my 'list' of to dos... :)

Plattner Ranch said...

I love the Aprons but am not sure when we'll use them as I would rather sleep than do much of anything right now. We have time for breakfast, school, lunch, and a nap. :) Mom Plattner just brought some meals for my freezer today so that will help out a little. If I could get a decent nap without interruptions it would really help.

Last night the girls both ended up in our bed. Jolene was a little fearful of death since we went to Miriam's visitation, and if Jubilee finds herself alone, she joins us. Didn't make for a good night of rest! At least we have a king size bed!

And for the new girl part ~ I think it will be a boy. I don't feel near as bad as I did with the girl pregnancies. Mostly tired and picky about what I eat. When I get decent rest I don't feel sick really, maybe just a little yucky!

Plattner Ranch said...

I remember the nightgowns, I still have the one you made for my baby doll! The girls play with my babies now.